Press conference for LIFE BIODIV’OM
On February 18, 2020, the LPO organized a press event in Paris, at Zango restaurant, in order to communicate on the involvement of the LPO in the overseas territories and to take stock of the progress of the LIFE BIODIV’OM program.
Welcomed by the president of the LPO, Allain BOUGRAIN DUBOURG, various guests responded to the invitation and attended the event:
– Cédric MARTEAU, director of the environment at French Southern and Antarctic Lands
– Olivier PATRIMONIO, endangered species project manager at the Department of Water and Biodiversity
– Marie-Christine SALMONA, LIFE focal point at the Ministry of Ecological and Solidarity Transition
– Michel METAIS, president of the National Council for the Protection of Nature
– Philippe DE GRISSAC, vice-president of the LPO
– Anne CAILLAUD, Overseas Program Officer at the International Union for the Conservation of Nature
– Lena BARAUD, responsible for endangered species at the International Union for the Conservation of Nature
– Aymeric GADET, Performance and innovation project manager at EDF
Press journalists were also invited and came to attend this event: France O, Outre-mer 360, Sciences et Avenir and AEF Info.
To start this conference, the president of the LPO recalled the challenges of protecting biodiversity in the overseas territories and underlined the involvement of the LPO in the latter via the coordination of a first LIFE program from 2010 to 2015, the establishment of an Overseas Network in 2018 and the launch of the LIFE BIODIV’OM program in late 2018.
Following the viewing of the program’s presentation film, the Life BIODIV’OM coordinator, Delphine MORIN, presented the progress and the first results of the program in each of the 5 territories.
Finally, an exchange time with journalists was made in order to discuss specific subjects concerning the management of this European program.