Installation of the first LIFE BIODIV’OM panels in French Guyana!
In June 2021, the GEPOG association installed two information panels aimed at mobilizing fishermen in order to increase the data of the Atlantic Goliath Grouper in the territory.
Atlantic Goliath Grouper panel on the Dégrad de Cannes port © GEPOG
Three panels for the Atlantic Goliath Grouper
As part of the LIFE BIODIV’OM project, the GEPOG association is working on the Atlantic Goliath Grouper and deploys various actions with the aim of acquiring new information on Atlantic Goliath Grouper fishing in French Guyana. This information will allow actions to better manage and protect the species.
Two panels were installed in 2021. These were placed in June at the large seaport of Degrad de Cannes in French Guiana as well as in the parking lot of the Amazonie Loisirs fishing store in Cayenne in order to:
- Promote the transmission of data on the Atlantic Goliath Grouper by fishermen
- Present this emblematic and threatened species
- Describe the actions carried out in the territory in favor of the species
- Introduce the LIFE BIODIV’OM project
- Recall the regulations in force
This panel will also soon be placed in the port of Pariacabo.
Atlantic Goliath Grouper panel in front of the Amazonie Loisirs store © GEPOG