LIFE BIODIV’OM project at Interlife 2022!
From June 22 to 24, 2022, Toulouse Métropole welcomed French-speaking LIFE project leaders. The opportunity to present the LIFE projects coordinated by the host structure, the LIFE GREEN HEART and the LIFE WASTE 2 BUILD.
Field visit to the LIFE Green Heart project – LPO
Each year, a European LIFE project volunteers to organize the Interlife, a national event aimed at welcoming French-speaking LIFE project leaders with the aim of presenting new projects, organizing technical workshops, times for exchanges and information in order to improve everyone’s knowledge and skills and build the capacities of project leaders. It is also an opportunity for the host structure to promote its project and its progress. In 2021, the LPO France had notably organized the Interlife 2021 allowing to highlight the progress of the LIFE BIODIV’OM, LIFE VISON and LIFE GYPCONNECT projects of which the LPO is coordinator and the LIFE Baie de l’Aiguillon in which the LPO is associated beneficiary.
A theme around nature in the city!
Presentation of the LIFE Green Heart project – LPO
- The LIFE GREEN HEART
The LIFE Green Heart project aims to create a green lung on Ramier Island, as part of the Grand Parc Garonne. The development of this space aims to translate, on the environmental side, into the reinforcement of the riparian forest, the reconstitution of complementary and functional plant strata and the creation of awareness-raising trails on “nature in the city”.
- The LIFE WASTE 2 BUILD
The LIFE WASTE2BUILD project aims to set up an innovative system to optimize the territory’s construction resources by harmonizing and pooling the circular practices of public buyers to limit environmental impacts of construction sites and develop the local economy.
New LIFE projects
This year, some new LIFE projects were presented:
- LIFE Biodiv’Est, led by the Grand Est regional council, is a 10-year integrated project whose objective is to reverse the decline of biodiversity in the Grand Est region.
- LIFE Biodiv’ Paysanne, coordinated by the Conservatoire d’Espaces Naturels d’Occitanie, aims to preserve the natural environments, local fauna and flora of the Occitanie region.
- LIFE Terra Musiva, led by the Syndicat Mixte des Gorges du Gardon, aims to strengthen the conservation of threatened habitats and species at 7 Natura 2000 sites in the Gardon scrubland.
Multiple technical and thematic workshops
During this week of Interlife meetings, several technical and thematic workshops were organized on the following topics:
- Administrative and financial management of projects
- Mobilization of citizens, technicians and elected officials
- Nature-based climate change adaptation solutions
- Development of a communication plan
- Digital tools
- Public control levers
- Socio-economic impacts
- Tools for integrating climate change adaptation issues in local communities